12/29 bowl games, Part 1 (last chance to watch Goff?)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stel

Starter
Starting to get into the games with some premium prospects. Last game for Goff - assuming he declares.

California vs. Air Force, 1:00 ESPN

California
#16 QB Jared Goff (Day 1)
#4 WR Kenny Lawler (Day 2)
#2 RB Daniel Lasco (late rd)
#73 OG Jordan Rigsbee (FA)

Air Force
#87 DE Alex Hanson (FA)

North Carolina vs. Baylor, 4:30 ESPN

North Carolina
#78 OG Landon Turner (Day 2)
#14 WR Quinshad Davis (late rd/FA)
#12 QB Marquise Williams (FA)
#98 DT Justin Thomason (FA)

Baylor
#58 OG Spencer Drago (Day 2)
#80 TE LaQuan McGowan (FA)
#95 DT Beau Blackshear (FA)

Keep an eye on McGowan if he plays. A big, big, BIG lad - 6'6+", 400#. Don't think he'll ever see the field in the NFL, but he is intriguing: OL, DL, TE, FB. 3 career catches, all for TDs.

Quinshad Davis is a big WR with steady production. At best a chain mover/redzone type. Also has an interesting passing career: 4 attempts, 4 completions, 121 yards, 4 TDs.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
dude's name is seriously Steelhammer? :rolllaugh:

that's a bullshit call

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff looks absolutely special today. He's throwing dimes. I'd kill to have that kid.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Came to post the same thing jrry. 3 perfect dimes for td's. His always fast moving feet let him plant his feet so fast. I'm still advocating trading up for him.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
yeah he's looked great! missed a couple TD throws early but then had one dropped that was a perfect pass and since then as just been throwing dilfer dimes all over the field

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
another dime on the long bomb, followed by a laser shot for the td. He is unstoppable.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Having watched the first half I'm convinced, lets go get him.

Athos

Legend
Wish I'd seen Goff. Got distracted.

Just how good did he look?

Enough to trade both 2nds this year and a first next year? Maybe a 4th too?

Stel

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I didn't get to watch, either (day job and all). Looks like he had a good day although the competition's defense isn't exactly stout. At this point, he is the only QB I'd trade up to get. If things stay as they are, that may mean moving up to either #1 or #2. Unfortunately, our rape of Washington a few years ago may have made that move up too expensive.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't get to watch, either (day job and all). Looks like he had a good day although the competition's defense isn't exactly stout. At this point, he is the only QB I'd trade up to get. If things stay as they are, that may mean moving up to either #1 or #2. Unfortunately, our rape of Washington a few years ago may have made that move up too expensive.

Competition or not, that's one of the best bowl games I've ever seen from a QB prospect. It wasn't the fact that he put up stats. It was the consistency of the throws being made. I'm talking about him dropping 25+ yard throw after throw over the shoulder even against tight coverage. I'm talking about back-shoulder throws against tight coverage. I'm talking about him throwing perfect balls under pressure.

He was amazing. That kid is going to be amazing. Trade whatever it takes.

My expectation is that Lynch goes first. We need to make a deal with San Diego or Baltimore or Tennessee to get in front of SF if we think they'll draft Goff. That kid is special. Keep him away from SF or we will regret it for the next 10+ years.

If that kid played in a pro style offense, people would be calling him the next Peyton Manning. Holy shit.

Athos

Legend
Like I said, the Titans are our target. They're like to finish 2nd given Mariota is out.

That team needs a lot more talent including a RB probably O line and D talent.

We're at a good spot with mid to early 2nds and a mid first to address that. Hell, I'd sacrifice this year of picks to get a QB like Goff.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler

3 minutes to go in the 3rd for me, yes, just go get him, I'd give up RGIII value for him. Hopefully Lynch plays out of his mind tomorrow just so his value will be slightly less.

Stel

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Apparent brain fart when I posted Baylor above and left off half my list. Also should watch:
#55 C Kyle Fuller (mid rd)
#2 DE Shawn Oakman (day 2)
#75 DT Andrew Billings (day 1)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like I said, the Titans are our target. They're like to finish 2nd given Mariota is out.

That team needs a lot more talent including a RB probably O line and D talent.

We're at a good spot with mid to early 2nds and a mid first to address that. Hell, I'd sacrifice this year of picks to get a QB like Goff.

I don't think we need to get the #2 pick. Just have to get ahead of San Francisco if Cleveland doesn't take Goff.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I watched that entire game and Goff is incredible. I really want Treadwell but I'd be willing to give up a lot of picks to get Goff. He was throwing perfect, and I mean PERFECT deep balls right in the bucket. He's good under pressure as well. He's got everything you want from a QB from a physical standpoint. Get that boy!!