11 veterans rumored to be on the trade, cap casualty block

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...ade-cap-casualty-block/ar-BB1enAv1?li=BBnbfcL
On Monday, Michael Brockers and Robert Woods had their names tossed into a pile of players who might be on the move according to SI’s Albert Breer. We don’t know how seriously the LA Rams have considered trading or releasing either player but Breer did throw out a few other names who are reportedly on the block or being discussed by general managers.

a group of baseball players playing a football game
© Photo by Michael Zagaris/San Francisco 49ers/Getty Images
Should the Rams have any interest in the acquisition of any of these players, either by trade or waiting out a release?

Saints LB Kwon Alexander
The Rams could absolutely use a player like Alexander and it is more likely that he is released, than traded. But his career “games played” totals are: 12, 16, 12, 6, 8, and 12.

Eagles G Brandon Brooks
Brooks has a $10.4 million guaranteed base salary in 2021 and a $13.4 million salary in 2022. That’s too much for LA to pay.

Raiders OT Trent Brown
By most accounts, both Brown and Rob Havenstein are right tackles. Not left tackles. So for now, there’s no need for a player like Brown.

Patriots CB Stephon Gilmore
Pairing Gilmore with Jalen Ramsey would be something and any move in this direction likely leads to Darious Williams going to the Patriots. Gilmore would only cost $8 million next season but he may ask for a new deal, like Darius Slay in 2020.

Raiders S LaMarcus Joyner
Jon Gruden and Mike Mayock’s work towards rebuilding the Raiders defense should be studied and published in a book called “What Not To Do.” Joyner seems like a good bet to get released and a reunion may not even be that costly.

Jaguars G Andrew Norwell
Norwell reportedly isn’t interested in taking a paycut, which means the team who trades for him will pay him $25 million over the next two years. Not in the Rams’ range.

Browns TE David Njoku
An exciting name, if it’s 2017 and the draft is steadily approaching. Njoku had 19 catches for 213 yards in 13 games last season.

Saints WR Emmanuel Sanders
Should Sanders become a free agent, he might fit as Matthew Stafford’s third option. If LA needed a reliable number two next season — let’s say there’s an injury or a transaction — then Sanders isn’t entirely finished as a receiver who can fill that role. He had 61 catches for 726 yards last season with the Saints.

Packers DE Preston Smith
A potential Leonard Floyd fill-in who won’t be as costly as some other edge players and should be comfortable in Raheem Morris’s defense.

Giants G Kevin Zeitler
He’s 31 and he’s only missed one game since 2015. If he was looking to play for a Super Bowl contender on a discount (Zeitler’s made $75 million in his career up to now), the Rams might be interesting to him.

Chargers G Trai Turner
It’s not all his fault, but the Chargers only traded for Turner a year ago, when they were desperate for one quality interior lineman, and it’s already gone sour. Maybe not the best investment right now, given that a team is likely to over-shoot the cost for his services.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Alexander is interesting but torn ACl, torn pectoral, torn bicep... all since Oct-2018.

Never thought about Joyner. He was just released.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Njoku is interesting to me. However I still have no idea what we have in our TE room. They were sooo underutilized last season and IDK if Higbee is a flash in the pan or not. Everett is lackluster for sure though. Idk enough about cap and what not to really get to involved in these discussions but that’s what jumped out to me.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I still have no idea what we have in our TE room.

I see what you mean. It’s not been much of a pass catching position for the offense outside of Higbee’s stretch last year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Alexander is interesting but torn ACl, torn pectoral, torn bicep... all since Oct-2018.

I wasn’t a big fan before he signed in SF. Misses way too many tackles for my tastes.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Get your popcorn ready this shit's gonna be crazy. :biggrin:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I wasn’t a big fan before he signed in SF. Misses way too many tackles for my tastes.

Yeah. I had hopes of Joyner being the London Fletcher version of safety.

He has had a nice career, though.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I would love to have Joyner back to replace JJ. Should be cheap, won't affect the comp pick formula and it would allow solidify our secondary even after losing Hill and JJ.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Saw where it is rumored that Brockers and Woods are being shopped??????? Anyone else seen anything on that front? I hope we are not trying to trade Woods!!!!!

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I really don't see that much that any of these players can offer the Rams. I think they would be better off to look elsewhere. As for Joyner, he is nearing the end of his career. I think the Rams will be okay a safety with Fuller and Rapp along with the other players they have on their roster.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

LMAO - yes . Add one(win) for McSnead.
Who did The Rams get for his Comp Pick ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Rams don’t need to sign any of these guys.
Brockers has been such a STUD 4 the Rams. He was brought back because he deserved to get PAID. That AZZ of a RAVENS(Harbaugh) team did him wrong.Demoff is a stand up players guy. To a Fault.
Woods was one of The Best All Time Ram FA signings,but needs to go because he & Copper Kupp are 1 of The Same.Difference is the Black bean is worth more on the open market than the white bean.Health & speed are the biggest factors.Copper & his knee.
Looking at Stafford & his WR would be more realistic & The Rams drafting a Top WR in 2021.
Imo this does a couple things.It changes the Old locker room Walls.
Brings freshness & more Youth.
-Change is good & The Rams WR coach YARDBIRD is the Mainstay. What an excellent coach!!!!

ADD JEFFERSON is an excellent possession WR as well & is what Robert Woods as well. Not as good of a blocker,but Robert Woods has been a special Ram player.Like I said ,one of The Best All Time.The Rams need to get downfield more more.Away from the Tavon Austin Jet Sweeps that Woods helped make special with Sean Mcvay.