11 Questions for Rams Rookie Garrett Gilbert

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
11 Questions for Rams Rookie Garrett Gilbert
By Zoe Wolkowitz

http://www.101sports.com/2014/07/24/11-questions-rams-rookie-garrett-gilbert/

The Rams brought Garrett Gilbert to town as a sixth-round draft selection, and 101ESPN decided it was time to better get to know the former Texas Longhorn/SMU quarterback. Gilbert hails from Texas and spent time in the national spotlight when he replaced an injured Colt McCoy in the 2010 BCS Championship Game.

We caught up with the Rams’ newest QB to talk Madden, pro football inspirations and why Taylor Swift gets him going for a big game.
Garrett Gilbert

Rams QB Garrett Gilbert

101: What’s your go-to team in Madden?

Gilbert: I’m going to have to say the Rams now, but I’ve always been the Broncos or Packers.

101: Is there a QB that you emulate or one that’s inspired you with your career?
Gilbert: Peyton Manning has always been my favorite QB of all time, but I don’t necessarily think I play like him. However, someone I try to emulate is Aaron Rodgers.

101: What’s blaring through your headphones before a game?
Gilbert: I’m more of a relaxed type before a game and, honestly, I’m a big fan of Taylor Swift. But I listen to any kind of country music; it’s my favorite.

101: If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Gilbert: I’d go with steak, my mom’s spinach salad and any kind of potatoes. I love potatoes.

101: What went through your mind when you had to replace Colt McCoy in the 2010 BCS National Championship Game?
Gilbert: It was a whirlwind, so I don’t remember exactly that. But a better story is that I was wearing a baseball cap on the sideline when Colt got hurt because I never thought I would go in to play, and I couldn’t find my helmet. We had to actually call a timeout before I even got to go in.

101: Have the veterans put you through any sort of rite of passage?
Gilbert: Not yet, but I wear glasses sometimes, so they all laugh at me for looking like a little nerd.

101: What is your favorite movie?
Gilbert: “Wedding Crashers.”

101: What do you miss most about the Lone Star State?
Gilbert: Just being at home. I’m kind of a homebody, so I really miss being at home.

101: Besides football, what’s another hobby or passion of yours?
Gilbert: I really like to play golf. I’m not very good at it, but I like to play.

101: What is one of your favorite things to do in St. Louis? Favorite restaurant?
Gilbert: Cardinals games are super fun; they just pack the ballpark. And then we went over to Ballpark Village, and that was really fun as well.

101: If there were a Hollywood movie produced about your life, which actor has the chops to play Garrett Gilbert?
Gilbert: Bradley Cooper

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Taylor Swift? Really?
I thought her first 2 albums were tolerable. The new stuff is bad. The crazy thing is Swift has been popping out records for seven years now. The stuff from the previous decade is alright.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The answer to his favorite movie bothers me, I thought Gilbert would have more depth than that. My son's 20 and he would answer Reservoir Dogs or Shawshank Redemption. Wedding Crashers is a fad not a movie, but it was pretty good.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
The answer to his favorite movie bothers me, I thought Gilbert would have more depth than that. My son's 20 and he would answer Reservoir Dogs or Shawshank Redemption. Wedding Crashers is a fad not a movie, but it was pretty good.
Wedding Crashers is one of those movies that is best watched with a few beers in your belly.