11 of last 12 SB winners wear white, Patriots to wear white

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...get-lucky-white-jerseys-after-falcons-go-red/

The New England Patriots will be in their lucky white uniforms for Super BowlLI after the Atlanta Falcons chose to wear red in Houston.

The NFC team received the choice of uniform colors this year, and Atlanta chose to go with red (Mike Reiss of ESPN spoke to the Pats, who confirmed they would wear white).

The concern for Falcons fans should be the recent success of teams wearing white in the Super Bowl. Eleven of the last 12 winners of the Super Bowl wore white.

View: https://twitter.com/cbssports/status/823968390738014208

But with Tom Brady and Bill Belichick, the Patriots are 2-0 in Super Bowls while wearing white, beating the Seahawks and Eagles in the Super Bowl.

The Pats also beat the Panthers in Houston previously while wearing blue and also beat the Rams while wearing blue. They would likely tell you they are absolutely unconcerned about the color of their jersey.

But some teams appear to be a little superstitious. Because the uniform selection alternates, the Broncos got to choose last year and decided to ditch their traditional orange jerseys for white. Denver was previously 0-4 while wearing orange in the Super Bowl.

The last time the Broncos wore white in the Super Bowl before Super Bowl 50 was actually the last time the Falcons were in the NFL's title game, following the 1998 season. Super Bowl MVP John Elway and the Broncos cruised to a convincing 34-19 win over Dan Reeves' Falcons, who wore black jerseys in their first Super Bowl appearance.

The Falcons will be testing the Football Uniform Gods this year by passing on the white. Then again, they must feel pretty good about the red jerseys after wearing them against the Seahawks and Packers in their first two playoff games of the postseason, both resounding victories.

SierraRam

Recreational User
I've always been good with that!
images

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Falcons will think their at home, so they will break the trend! @SierraRam brings up a great point, I vaguely remember the Rams donning the blue & whites being the last year they wore them was 1972 and I was six, but I do remember and I was not a fan maybe because those were the uniforms they constantly in the movie Brian's song as Gale Sayers was running all over us.

Anyway now when I see them I love them because it reminds you of your youth, however, I do remember when I first saw the blue & yellows and boy did they pop as I digress. Screw the Patriots and I hope to see their blood on those white jerseys.

Last edited:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
That settles it... I'm going to wear a black shirt today. Hell, I might just go full Johnny Cash.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
F the Cheaters and the donkey they rode in on! Come on Falcons hang a 50 spot on them and bury TB and his crew.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The last five Super Bowl favorites all lost. The opening line? Patriots a 3 point favorite.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
100% of the Last 50 Superbowl winners wore pants. So If you wear pants you probably will win. No correlation.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Poor Joe Flacco...that picture has all of the winning QB's from the past 12 superbowls, then the Ravens one just has Ray Lewis? Slightly harsh

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
ALERT!! INSDE SCOOP!!! The reason the Falcons are going to wear Red is because they don't want to see all the Cheatriots Blood all over them!!
This is a Special Report from DF51, stay toned for further reports!

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
ALERT!! INSDE SCOOP!!! The reason the Falcons are going to wear Red is because they don't want to see all the Cheatriots Blood all over them!!
This is a Special Report from DF51, stay toned for further reports!

Bruce2980

Starter
100% of the Last 50 Superbowl winners wore pants. So If you wear pants you probably will win. No correlation.
HAHA, now you almost sound like a pharmaceutical company, 60% of people suffering heart attacks have low (LDL) cholesterol, therefor, we need to lower LDL levels.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
She is on the TV Show Gotham now, and was on the TV Series V while it was still on.
I know! Her real first name is 'Morena', I forget her last! She's gorgeous, and I loved her sexual attitude in Deadpool!:D:D:D:D

Edit: I just looked her up, Her Full name is 'Morena Baccarin!
morena1.jpg

Morena-Baccarin-in-a-Deadpool.jpg

A Picture is worth 1000 words!!:love: I can't post the OTHER photos I found!:D

Last edited: