101 sports Some notes on the Rams’ 12-6 loss to the Steelers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
http://www.101sports.com/2015/09/28/daily-bits-mizzou-offense-needs-playmakers/

Some notes on the Rams’ 12-6 loss to the Steelers from our friends at ProFootballFocus.com: Rams’ rookie left guard Jamon Brown played very well, with his best NFL game so far, earning the highest overall grade among NFL guards in Week Three. Brown did now allow a QB pressure … the Rams’ run-blocking was bad in Sunday’s game, but the O-line deserves credit for providing quality pass protection. Rams QB Nick Foles was pressured on only 8 of his 31 drop backs. Although he was sacked twice Foles had an 80% accuracy percentage under pressure (dropped passes and intentional throwaways are excluded in the accuracy rating, which makes it, well, more accurate.) … The Rams O-line had the third highest Pass Blocking Efficiency rating in the NFL this week (pending tonight’s Kansas City vs. Green Bay game.) … Rams’ tight ends accounted for all three of the team’s dropped passes Sunday. Lance Kendricks had two drops on five targets, and Jared Cook had one drop on three targets … Foles completed seven of 10 passes thrown to wide receiver Kenny Britt and had a 102.9 passer rating when targeting Britt … PFF gave Rams’ defensive tackle Aaron Donald a strong grade for his run defense against the Steelers. But even though Donald had a sack in the game, it was his only QB pressure in 28 pass rushes. … Rams OLB Alec Ogletree was targeted by the Steelers on five passing attempts; they completed all five on him. … defensive end Robert Quinn was given a top-five NFL grade for his pass rush against the Steelers; he had a sack, a hurry and batted down a pass.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Rams OLB Alec Ogletree was targeted by the Steelers on five passing attempts; they completed all five on him. …

One thing that I didn't like about Ogletree and was not crazy about the Rams drafting him is that although he is an incredible athlete he is just not a great instinctual LBer. It is showing.

His athleticism is making up for a lot of it but not all.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@tavian

thanks for posting this...I felt the O-Line blocked much better in passing situations....Makes me wonder, was it Foles, or the wrs that really couldn't get open...

Those silly drops...they happen...but the QB has to overcome....That 2 minute offense was....IDK....no sense of urgency IMO....which was strange...I don't think he knows the playbook like he needs to yet..which is why I think the defense needs to play better...

Ogletree let every person he covered catch a pass? Sounds like we need to adjust something in that...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
One thing that I didn't like about Ogletree and was not crazy about the Rams drafting him is that although he is an incredible athlete he is just not a great instinctual LBer. It is showing.

His athleticism is making up for a lot of it but not all.
IMO Elm, he's playing the wrong position....

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
http://www.101sports.com/2015/09/28/daily-bits-mizzou-offense-needs-playmakers/

Some notes on the Rams’ 12-6 loss to the Steelers from our friends at ProFootballFocus.com: Rams’ rookie left guard Jamon Brown played very well, with his best NFL game so far, earning the highest overall grade among NFL guards in Week Three. Brown did now allow a QB pressure … the Rams’ run-blocking was bad in Sunday’s game, but the O-line deserves credit for providing quality pass protection. Rams QB Nick Foles was pressured on only 8 of his 31 drop backs. Although he was sacked twice Foles had an 80% accuracy percentage under pressure (dropped passes and intentional throwaways are excluded in the accuracy rating, which makes it, well, more accurate.) … The Rams O-line had the third highest Pass Blocking Efficiency rating in the NFL this week (pending tonight’s Kansas City vs. Green Bay game.) … Rams’ tight ends accounted for all three of the team’s dropped passes Sunday. Lance Kendricks had two drops on five targets, and Jared Cook had one drop on three targets … Foles completed seven of 10 passes thrown to wide receiver Kenny Britt and had a 102.9 passer rating when targeting Britt … PFF gave Rams’ defensive tackle Aaron Donald a strong grade for his run defense against the Steelers. But even though Donald had a sack in the game, it was his only QB pressure in 28 pass rushes. … Rams OLB Alec Ogletree was targeted by the Steelers on five passing attempts; they completed all five on him. … defensive end Robert Quinn was given a top-five NFL grade for his pass rush against the Steelers; he had a sack, a hurry and batted down a pass.
No mention of the 5 Sack total, or the Int., Our entire D played very well!!JMHO

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
So, maybe Fisher wasn't blowing smoke when he said the OL is getting there and is close and we just faced some really tough defenses. It's not like it gets any easier against AZ, but after that, even against GB, it starts to open up.

And after the bye, if we really are improving as it seems like we might be... it's entirely possible this team could go on a really big roll.

It's entirely possible we could enter the bye week 1-4 and after the bye rip off 6 straight wins and be right back in the wild card picture.

I think with the injuries and up and down nature of lots of teams this year, it's entirely possible that there will be a bevy of teams sitting at 10-6.

Rainram

Starter
Pretty much like we've all mentioned...the things holding us back...

Run Blocking
Mistakes (Dropped Passes, Untimely Penalties, Not Capitalizing on the Opposing Teams Mistakes - i.e. Quinn's Fumble, Joyner's almost-INT)

Shoot...if we even took care of one of those categories above on Sunday...it's a "W."