101 Guys Like Jeremy Maclin As A Ram

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OhioRam

Rookie
One year deal to prove himself.....am willing to give it a chance

SC-Ram78

Rookie
Sign him to a 1 year deal. That doesn't sound too bad. And if he can get back to what he was before the injuries then that would be an upgrade. But then Pettis would be sent packing

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Maclin is an interesting option.

Alan

Legend
Sign him to a non-guaranteed contract and let him compete in TC. What can it hurt?

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I love this idea. Screw one year, lock this dude up, dont break the bank.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Is he a FA? I don't recall seeing his name on the 2014 WR FA list. Are they saying the Rams should trade for him? How much? And a WR coming off an ACL? Will he be ready next year or need a year to get back to what he was?

A55VA6

Legend
Is he a FA? I don't recall seeing his name on the 2014 WR FA list. Are they saying the Rams should trade for him? How much? And a WR coming off an ACL? Will he be ready next year or need a year to get back to what he was?
Yes, he's a free agent. Last I hear he said he's be ready for spring work in April. So he looks to be just fine for the season.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I would trade that #18 for ours

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
Sign him to a 1 year deal. That doesn't sound too bad. And if he can get back to what he was before the injuries then that would be an upgrade. But then Pettis would be sent packing

I'd prefer to keep Pettis and send Givens packing

SC-Ram78

Rookie
I'd prefer to keep Pettis and send Givens packing
You would choose to keep Pettis over givens? That's strange. Pettis has hit his ceiling. He's reliable and has good hands but he doesn't have the skill set that Givens has. Just because Givens had a down year doesn't mean we should get rid of him

moklerman

Warner-phile
Yes, he's a free agent. Last I hear he said he's be ready for spring work in April. So he looks to be just fine for the season.
Hmph! I even posted this link before and I really can't even remember passing over his name, much less considering it.
http://overthecap.com/freeagents.php?Position=WR&Year=2014

My guess is that I didn't think much of his size when I was looking at the list. I was looking for a beast-type WR for the Rams to pursue and 6'0", 198 lbs isn't anything to get dazzled by.

But he was pretty highly touted out of college(Missouri) even though he dropped further than expected(19). But while I'm not terribly concerned about Bradford and his ACL recovery, I'm less confident about a WR coming back quickly. It seems that even though guys can get healthy enough in 1 year to get back on the field, skill guys seem to take a year of playing in addition to their 8-9 months of recovery to get back to where they were.

True, there have been some freakish examples like All-Day but I'm uncomfortable counting on it from a guy the Rams are really going to depend on. The other Steve Smith leaps to mind even though I don't think his knees were in the same shape as Maclin's.

tonyl711

Starter
a year or 2 ago I would have said go for it, now im not too sure, IMO any addition to the WRs should be a #1 WR type.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
a year or 2 ago I would have said go for it, now im not too sure, IMO any addition to the WRs should be a #1 WR type.

I'm a little conflicted myself. If we're adding a WR, I'd prefer to go all in, for Watkins.

If we need help we need help. Stop dicking around. :sly:

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Don't hate Paul! Dreamers gonna dream

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
No. Sign him to a three year deal with all the guranteed money coming in the first year. That would be sweet...

With that being said, no way I see him being in horns. No way.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
You would choose to keep Pettis over givens? That's strange. Pettis has hit his ceiling. He's reliable and has good hands but he doesn't have the skill set that Givens has. Just because Givens had a down year doesn't mean we should get rid of him

well if we're getting Maclin he's basically a better Givens so I'd keep Pettis as the reliable 3rd down/redzone guy

idk maybe it's because Givens' shitty year is fresh in my mind but I've never seen someone take themselves out more then he does. Seemed like almost every time he made a catch and got hit he'd take himself out. I just don't see him being anything special

fearsomefour

Legend
Steve Smith Part Deux. That being said, if its on the cheap the possible upside is much better than the downside of having an inexpensive vet riding the pine. We already have unexpensive guys riding the pine. I dont see where it would hurt.