101 ESPN's Rams Rewind w/ All-Pro KR Tony Horne

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ShaneG

Starter
-- I Hope you guys enjoy this very much... the former Super Bowl Champion All Pro KR has really turned into a heckuva guy. Inspiring story. Could T. Austin finally replace Horne's KR prowess? ---

Shane Gray provides special Rams commentaries on 101sports.com. Follow him on Twitter @ShaneGmoSTLRams.

In just three NFL seasons — all with the St. Louis Rams from 1998 through 2000 — Super Bowl-winning kick returner Tony Horne was able to put his name in the record books by amassing four return touchdowns, a total that still ranks third all-time.

In 1998, the Rams added Horne as an undrafted free agent after a productive career at Clemson. In that rookie season, Horne posted 23.3 yards per return and scored his first pro touchdown, a 102-yarder. It was in 1999, however, that his career culminated both in reaching its highest peak and its lowest pit.

It was in that campaign that Horne became an elite kick returner. In that season, Horne posted two touchdown returns in just 30 attempts. He averaged a spectacular 29.7 yards per return and was named first-team All-Pro. However, he produced such prolific numbers in just 12 games due to a four-game substance abuse suspension.

“When I got suspended it was a low moment in my life,” Horne said.

(Please click here for full story with more from Tony, Ray Agnew and his current life)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101sports.com/2013/04/23/ram" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101sports.com/2013/04/23/ram</a> ... ony-horne/

lasvegasrams

Rookie
thanks for the post. i kind of had a bad taste in my mouth cuz of his stint with the saints, but he seems like a cool dude

ShaneG

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
lasvegasrams said:
thanks for the post. i kind of had a bad taste in my mouth cuz of his stint with the saints, but he seems like a cool dude

Yes he is indeed... thanks for sharing the thank you.