1 YR-3M for L.Dunbar?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As I stated in another thread, Caplan sited 68 catches in 54 games. Gurley had 64 in 32 games and I want the ball in TGII's hands on 3rd down. I'll take Cunningham's highlight reel over Dunbar's any day. BC made something out of nothing everytime he touched the ball. If we lose him, it's an unnecessary loss. ST, KR, blocking, drawplays and great attitude. Big shoes to fill IMO.
Let's look at it with a positive spin:

The Patriots signed a RB yesterday and people were shocked at how much he got. His name escapees me though. Anyway, an analyst said that this 3.3 million dollar contract was anot indication that they intend to use him quite often. Maybe the rams paid dunbar because they plan to make his receiving our of the backfield a huge part of their game plan

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting. Not what I expected but Im gonna. roll with it! leggoo

lockdnram21

Legend
As I stated in another thread, Caplan sited 68 catches in 54 games. Gurley had 64 in 32 games and I want the ball in TGII's hands on 3rd down. I'll take Cunningham's highlight reel over Dunbar's any day. BC made something out of nothing everytime he touched the ball. If we lose him, it's an unnecessary loss. ST, KR, blocking, drawplays and great attitude. Big shoes to fill IMO.
Benny probably wants a bigger role

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love this move. I grew to like Benny, but the more Fisher guys go the happier I will be.

When you try to turn around an organization with such a losing stink, sometimes it takes a lot of turnover.

A55VA6

Legend
Love this move. I grew to like Benny, but the more Fisher guys go the happier I will be.

When you try to turn around an organization with such a losing stink, sometimes it takes a lot of turnover.
Yep. Keep your core guys and replace the rest.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Good signing for a third down back at a valuable number. $1.4 mill? Peanuts..

Loved BamBam, but he probably wanted more $$$ and/or playing time. Could he return as Gurley's backup or will we rely on a two back system? Hmmmm

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Key is one year. They do not want to tie down next years cap because they will hopefully be extending Donald and Ogletree.

So this is a stop gap guy to bring some experience while they develop some young guys. We should be happy, looks like they are not set on being in perpetual wait till next year mode. Seems like they are trying to be as competitive as possible this year.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I love Benny but I think this is a smart move. This guy brings alot more speed and big play ability. Although he isn't really proven yet , the coach must of seen something that fits his offense better. This offense is going to be very fast next season

Will he also be able to take Benny's kick-off slot, or do they plug Cooper or somebody in there ???

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Who actually had a good season with The Rams & was resigned. He was just undersized . He wasn't great , but not a bad sprinkle on the depth chart.

I like the signing. Brings in fresh competition . My thing with Bennie is he was to close with Gurley & Tavon Austin .Imo -- a distraction that isn't worth the value.
I really liked what Bennie brought as a rookie UDFA . Wish him nothing but sucess.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Will he also be able to take Benny's kick-off slot, or do they plug Cooper or somebody in there ???
Exactly.
Who's going to handle Kick-off returns?
Benny was surprisingly solid.

I would like to find someone dynamic on Kick offs. We haven't had a great kick off retuner since Tony Horn.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Seems about right...I think the HB role has been under-utilized....If I remember correctly, Dunbar is outta Baylor, ran a decent 40 at his combine....and several teams, Pats, Atl, NO, hell a lot of great offenses use that HB pass outta the backfield....I used it to a very successful Madden Career back in the late 90's (Faulk was a beast!!)...If you haven't won big $$$ on Madden, you won't understand McVay....LOLOLOLOL

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Good signing for a third down back at a valuable number. $1.4 mill? Peanuts..

Loved BamBam, but he probably wanted more $$$ and/or playing time. Could he return as Gurley's backup or will we rely on a two back system? Hmmmm

This ^^^^ Benny knows that unless he gets on the field and gets more carries he is never going to get the money he is looking for. If he stays here he is behind T. Gurley no matter what and he won't get the opportunity to show what he can do.
Besides Running Backs are a lot like Wide Outs....they think the ball should be in their hands just about every play. It's what drives them to become the play makers they are. Benny will move on hopefully to a team that will use him much more than the Rams did, mebbe even as the feature back.

~ArkyRamsFan~

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm much more at ease with the 1.4M. But Cunningham made shit happen. I hope he is just testing to see his worth then comes back.

Ram65

Legend
Benny probably wants a bigger role

I didn't think about that. He deserves more playing time. Jets could use him in a 1-2 type RB situation. I wanted to keep Benny C but, thought the Rams might want more big play ability with a faster RB. Let's see what Benny C. Gets money wise and playing time.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Nice, good pick up for us of he is healthy but i think Bam Bam is the superior player out of the 2. Hopefully Barwin is the next one on board!