1 YR-3M for L.Dunbar?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Maybe I have Madden numbers in my mind, but why the hell do you pay 3M for Dunbar?

IMG_1024.PNG

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know it says "up to" I hope that's only if Gurley goes down and he fills in getting us 750 yards or some shit. Just seems high. Woods seemed high as well as Whitworth. We seem to be over paying. Hope it's all incentives.

jap

Legend
I know it says "up to" I hope that's only if Gurley goes down and he fills in getting us 750 yards or some crap. Just seems high. Woods seemed high as well as Whitworth. We seem to be over paying. Hope it's all incentives.

Why are you so concerned about us overpaying? This is free agency. If we underpaid him or paid him fair market value, do you really think he would have signed with us instead of some other club?

Limey

Rookie
We already know the Woods contract had incentives. Paying guys that produce (and not paying them if they don't!) is a step in the right direction IMHO. Getting guys who will back themselves by signing incentivised deals is another positive for me. We are also signing guys who looked unproductive as their opportunities were limited by talent ahead of them, so plenty of scope for breakout years!

Psycho_X

Legend
I just want to know what his cap number is this year. That's a lot of change for a change of pace back. Is Benny asking for more than that? Being more familiar with Benny and knowing he brings special team play I'd like to have just resigned him. I don't know much about Dunbar though, maybe McVay has special plans for him so will have to wait and see.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Don't we already have a 5' 8" running back / receiver?? #Yikes

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I love Benny but I think this is a smart move. This guy brings alot more speed and big play ability. Although he isn't really proven yet , the coach must of seen something that fits his offense better. This offense is going to be very fast next season

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Why are you so concerned about us overpaying? This is free agency. If we underpaid him or paid him fair market value, do you really think he would have signed with us instead of some other club?

Well my first concern would be we still need a few starters. Maybe spend money on backups later? Just a thought I guess. Maybe a safety, a LB or 2. Hell idk maybe a DE to fit this scheme.

I'm completely uncomfortable with our Defense right now. And spending 3M on a back up dime-a-dozen back concerns me a bit. Hopefully his cap hit is only 1M or so.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I was thinking the same, he was a solid tackler.

I'm with y'all, I thought he was pretty damn solid. Off the field was an issue a bit. But he brought it every Sunday.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Up to" 3 million. Let's see what the base salary is before we all get frantic. Anyone who watched the skins last year will probably agree that they see Dunbar as the chris Thompson in this offense. That guy caught a good amount of passes.
Edit: only 1.5 guaranteed guys

Last edited:

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Well my first concern would be we still need a few starters. Maybe spend money on backups later? Just a thought I guess. Maybe a safety, a LB or 2. Hell idk maybe a DE to fit this scheme.

I'm completely uncomfortable with our Defense right now. And spending 3M on a back up dime-a-dozen back concerns me a bit. Hopefully his cap hit is only 1M or so.

I think you are going to see a draft almost completely dedicated to the defense. I agree with you on the defense though, not completely uncomfortable but I am concerned. Barwin would be a good sign if we can get him to add some experience and help bring along potential draftees.

bdfitz

UDFA
As I stated in another thread, Caplan cited 68 catches in 54 games. Gurley had 64 in 32 games and I want the ball in TGII's hands on 3rd down. I'll take Cunningham's highlight reel over Dunbar's any day. BC made something out of nothing everytime he touched the ball. If we lose him, it's an unnecessary loss. ST, KR, blocking, drawplays and great attitude. Big shoes to fill IMO.

Last edited: