#1 rule that needs to be changed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
this sport seriously has some of the dumbest fucking rules I've ever heard but this takes the fucking cake

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/11...-a-ball-started-running-took-three-more-steps

makes the catch, takes 3 steps, and then steps out of bounds. THE PLAY IS OVER. PERIOD.
why does anything after that matter? stop making it so unnecessarily complicated where the refs don't even know what the rule is

whoever came up with this shit needs to get punched square in the dick

it's bad enough that the Rams suck but this whole league is becoming unwatchable with all these dumbass rules that don't make any sense

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agree the fact that the NFL has gotten this wrong for so long is laughable.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
And Fisher is on the rules committee, i'm just saying...

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I never had a clue as to why Fisher is on that committee. If anything can add into our sunken ship woes this takes the cake.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Yeah the what is and what is not a catch rule is more Science and less football. It's amazing the refs even get close at full speed.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
The NFL sucks and is just getting worse. Remember the rule where if a receiver caught the ball in mid air and a defender knocked the receiver out of bounds and they landed out it would still count as a catch? Those days are long over. You have basically hand the ball to the ref after the play to get credit for the catch.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I have to spell it out? Really?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm about to seriously curtail my NFL watching. Why? The effing penalties and game stoppages are insane. This game today was ridiculous...

Every play both teams looking for penalties that would change field position too. Why even run the ball any more? Just throw it deep every play and hope for a PI. If you get one in 1 of 3 drives it's better than what we see out of this sorry offense already. It won't be long and it will be like soccer with guys throwing themselves down for penalties but the difference is that in a contact game like this it will be every other play we see flags. If the NFL really wants to make it all about refs then get some hot cheerleaders some striped uniforms and put them in charge so we can at least be entertained when watching a quarter of the game filled with them conferencing on the field or announcing calls.

And reviews... The first quarter was commercials and waiting. Is it really such a travesty if refs get a Fing call wrong? I no longer think so, provided it speeds the godda$# game up. Both coaches making a big deal out of a first down converted or not, gimme a break man. If you're gonna keep review make the drawback so effin draconian that coaches will only use it if they KNOW they're right by watchin the replay. Like the head coach leaves for the rest of the half if he's wrong.

I watch hockey and it's like a breath of fresh air compared to the NFL game. The pace and commercials are seriously killin me man. The NFL is a soon to be distant third for me in terms of my viewing preference. I don't even watch the games too much any more unless it's the Rams and their games are the worst.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think the refs take issue with those on the competition committee.

Rams, Ravens and Steelers have all had some remarkable games with respect to how they've been refereed.

The next Rams coach had better NOT be on that committee...