1 Qb In Fa And 1 In The Draft (3rd+ Round)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
JP
If I am the Rams, that is what I am doing this off season.

1 QB out of FA, someone posted the list the other day, but here it is again...

2lj17p4.jpg

If I am the Rams I am targeting one of 2 QBs here. First would be Shaun Hill. I really like what this guy brings as a backup. Still surprised he did not take his shot to be a starter a couple years ago. The other guy I would look at is the obvious one, Josh Mccown. My guess is that someone will overpay him to give him a shot at a starting job. So we likely won't get him.

Then in the draft I would target someone like Mccarron if he happens to fall in the third round, or Mettenburger in the 4th round.

Doing this will give us a veteran back up QB who has proven he can play and step in when the starter goes down. Then we also have our younger QB who can either gain some experience, or step in should things go south for the Rams and Sam next year.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Wow that list just screams mediocrity.

Josh McCown had only a few good games, and who wouldn't w/ Alshon Jeffery and Brandon Marshall?

Shaun Hill? He's more expensive.

I'd keep Kellen Clemens. The Rams won 4 games when he was @ QB (something I thought they could do). Having a backup like AJ McCarron? Sure...but I wouldn't bank it that they could just be plugged in and execute if Sam went down again.

Alan

Legend
I'd only be interested in a few of them and none of them for what they'd want to be paid.

Name
JP
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow that list just screams mediocrity.

Josh McCown had only a few good games, and who wouldn't w/ Alshon Jeffery and Brandon Marshall?

Shaun Hill? He's more expensive.

I'd keep Kellen Clemens. The Rams won 4 games when he was @ QB (something I thought they could do). Having a backup like AJ McCarron? Sure...but I wouldn't bank it that they could just be plugged in and execute if Sam went down again.

If Shaun Hill is our QB though, we win at least 6 of those 9 games. Just my opinion though. I think Shaun Hill is a very solid back up.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Shaun Hill would be an upgrade from Clemens IMO. But it's four times the money, 2 million more in fact.

If he could be had for 1.5 mil I'd do it but not for 2.7 mil.

Clemens makes 700K.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
If Shaun Hill is our QB though, we win at least 6 of those 9 games. Just my opinion though. I think Shaun Hill is a very solid back up.

+1. I think Shawn Hill could start and play better than at least 10 starting QBs in this league right now. I loved him at Maryland and had an idea he would have a long career in the NFL. If we were to add him, I would want an open competition with Bradford for starter. Not saying he wins it, but it would be fun to see...at least for the early part of camp. Declare a starter early and let him get reps.

Name
JP
Shaun Hill would be an upgrade from Clemens IMO. But it's four times the money, 2 million more in fact.

If he could be had for 1.5 mil I'd do it but not for 2.7 mil.

Clemens makes 700K.
I wonder if he would take a pay cut considering he hasn't played since he signed that contract. I really want him as our back up.

Name
JP
+1. I think Shawn Hill could start and play better than at least 10 starting QBs in this league right now. I loved him at Maryland and had an idea he would have a long career in the NFL. If we were to add him, I would want an open competition with Bradford for starter. Not saying he wins it, but it would be fun to see...at least for the early part of camp. Declare a starter early and let him get reps.

Fish has said he will never have a QB controversy. That said, if Sam had a setback, I would have no worries if Hill was our guy the first couple games or so. Or if we needed him to come in and win a game late in the year.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Given their interest in bringing him here both this year AND last, don't count out Brady Quinn being brought back here to compete with Clemens for the backup role. Somebody in the organization seems to like what he has to offer. It also has not gone unnoticed (by me anyway) that even after being placed on IR, B. Quinn was on the sideline for every game, involved with the QB Coach (Cignetti), Shottenheimer, Bradford with Clemens when the offense came off the field after every series.

It would have been very easy for him to go AWOL if he weren't considering sticking around.

As long as you are throwing names around of possible mid/late round draft picks, one guy who seems to have become the forgotten man is Aaron Murray of Georgia. He was considered by many as the best QB in the SEC going into the 2013 season. More experienced than Mettenberger, same characteristics as McCarron, and might be more talented then both.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
If Brady Quinn ever trots onto a football field in Rams gear I will give up on them and send the nastiest email to Kevin Demoff on my way out.

Alan

Legend
LesBaker about to go on the warpath:
If Brady Quinn ever trots onto a football field in Rams gear I will give up on them and send the nastiest email to Kevin Demoff on my way out.
I'll get in on that email with you. But no emailing them a picture of your balls. Bad enough we had to see them. :D